SunPower is the solar provider of choice for the world’s leading organizations and discerning homeowners.
DEMAND BETTER SOLAR
SunPower Launches Industry's First 400-Plus-Watt Home Solar Panels,
the Most Powerful Residential Solar Panels in the World!
The Highly-Anticipated Next Generation Technology Solar Panel, Newly Named A-Series, is Now Available at 400 and 415 Watts for Homeowners in America. In Europe and Australia, the Company's Maxeon® 3 Solar Panel is Now Available at 400 Watts for Homeowners.
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- SunPower (NASDAQ:SPWR) has once again raised the bar by introducing the highest-power solar panels available today for the residential market. In the United States, the company has launched its Next Generation Technology home solar panel called A-Series, delivering 400 and 415 watts of power. In Europe and Australia, homeowners can also now order a 400-watt solar panel from SunPower called Maxeon® 3. Each is the first home solar panel to deliver more than 400 watts in its region and is designed to deliver 60 percent more energy in the same amount of roof space over the first 25 years compared to conventional solar.
THE CHOICE OF MORE HOMEOWNERS
• One of the largest residential and commercial installer
bases in the United States
• Over 500,000 residential systems deployed worldwide
• Over 30 million panels deployed across the globe in every
• Offering the SunPower® EquinoxTM system, a complete home
SUNPOWER IS PEACE OF MIND
• 100% focus on solar
• More than 30 years of industry leadership
• Over 750 global patents
• The only home solar warranty to cover your whole system
(not just the panels):
• 25 years: panels, inverters, racking, labor and
• 10 years: monitoring hardware
FINANCIALLY SOUND, STABLE COMPANY
• Publicly traded company (NASDAQ: SPWR)
• Based in the United States with headquarters in Silicon Valley
• Majority shareholder is Total S.A. which ranks
within the top 30 largest companies in the world
THE SUNPOWER DIFFERENCE
RECORD-SETTING SOLAR TECHNOLOGY
The same high efficiency solar technology powering pioneers
across the globe is the same innovative technology that can
help power a record of your own...lower electricity bills.
• SunPower® panels have efficiency ratings above 22%,4
producing more energy in the same space over the warrantied
life of the system compared to conventional panels10
• SunPower panels are the most efficient and highest wattage
solar panels you can put on your roof1
NASA’s GROVER, a remotely operated rover
powered by durable SunPower® solar cells.
ELEGANCE AND FLEXIBILITY
Elegant panel design with aesthetics in mind mean you don’t
have to sacrifice curb appeal.
• SunPower® Equinox™ technology produces up to 60% more
lifetime energy,3 with 70% fewer visible parts6
• Offset more of your bill to increase potential flexibility for
electric car charging or future family and home additions
BETTER POWER FOR YOUR HOME
Every part of the SunPower® Equinox™ system is meticulously designed to work perfectly together, and rigorously tested for long-term reliability. That’s why the SunPower Complete Confidence Warranty is the only solar warranty to cover your whole system (not just the panels)—including quality of product, solar power produced and hassle-free service.
• Power Production
• Monitoring hardware
One of the most important factors to consider is the amount of electricity a solar system actually produces in kilowatt hours. Compared to Conventional Panels, SunPower panels produce:
• More energy per rated watt over 25 years
• More electricity at higher temperatures and throughout the day, with better energy conversion across the light spectrum
• More power over time, thanks to the lowest degradation rate in the industry9
BETTER NETWORK OF INSTALLATION CONTRACTORS
You can count on your local SunPower-certified installation contractors to provide the highest standards of quality and customer service.
• Our SunPower-certified network of installation contractors are the elite of the solar industry, rigorously selected, trained and certified
• Installation contractors receive industry-leading design and installation training on SunPower products
A complete home solar solution, designed and engineered to deliver an unmatched combination of high energy production and excellent lifetime savings for your home.
• Power: Generates electricity with the highest efficiency for solar panels on the market, producing up to 60% more energy in the same space over the first 25 years and an expected useful life of more than 40 years
• Design: Intelligently designed by SunPower to provide optimal performance with elegant aesthetics
• Reliability: Rigorously tested for endurance in real world conditions and backed by the industry-leading SunPower Complete Confidence Warranty
• Storage: SunPower® Equinox™ is now compatible with a number of battery storage solutions
SUNPOWER® MAXEON® CELL TECHNOLOGY
Maxeon solar cells are fundamentally different and better.
• More power and reliability from a durable, solid metal foundation (exclusive to SunPower) and back-side contact design
• SunPower® SignatureTM Black solar cells offer premium aesthetics and superior efficiency
THE POWER OF ONE® THE SUNPOWER DIFFERENCE SUNPOWER® EQUINOX
ANATOMY OF A SUNPOWER EQUINOX SYSTEM
SUNPOWER AC PANELS
High efficiency solar panels provide
maximum energy production
Advanced technology to maximize the power production of each panel
Hidden rails make panels appear as if they are floating
SUNPOWER MAXEON SOLAR CELLS
Robust back-contact design
for unmatched reliability
Designed to provide reliable connectivity
Real-time insights for intuitive home energy management
get a quote ⬇️
1 Based on search of datasheet values from websites of top 20
manufacturers per IHS, as of January 2019.
2 #1 rank in “Fraunhofer PV Durability Initiative for Solar Modules:
Part 3”. PVTech Power Magazine, 2015. Campeau, Z. et al. “SunPower
Module Degradation Rate,” SunPower white paper, 2013.
3 SunPower X-Series panels produce 60% more energy in the same
space over 25 years, SunPower 360W compared to a Conventional
Panel on same sized arrays (260W, 16% efficient, approx. 1.6 m2), 4%
more energy per watt (based on 3pty module characterization and
PVSim), 0.75%/yr slower degradation (Campeau, Z. et al. “SunPower
Module Degradation Rate,” SunPower white paper, 2013).
4 Based on average of measured power values during production.
For more information, see: SunPower X22-360-C-AC Data Sheet https://
5 Source: 2017 Fortune Global 500.
6 Analysis of the SunPower Equinox system versus residential
solar systems containing conventional panels, string inverters and
7 Hoen, B., Adomatis, S., Jackson, T., Graff-Zivin, J., Thayer, M., Klise,
G., & Wiser, R. (2015). Selling Into the sun: Price Premium Analysis of
a Multi-State Dataset of Solar Homes. Based on an analysis of homes
with and without solar systems in 8 states (including CA, CT, FL, MA,
MD, NC, NY and PA) from 1999 through 2013. Actual impact on home
values will vary.
8 SunPower Module 40-Year Useful Life,” SunPower white paper.
2013. Useful life is 99 out of 100 panels operating at more tha n 70%
of rated power.”
9 Jordan, D. et. al. “Robust PV Degradation Methodology and
Application.” PVSC 2017 pre-print.
10 SunPower provides a 25 year Combined Power and Product
Warranty on their residential systems.
© 2019 SunPower Corporation. All Rights Reserved. SUNPOWER, the
SUNPOWER logo, EQUINOX, DEMAND BETTER SOLAR, ENERGYLINK,
INVISIMOUNT, THE POWER OF ONE, SIGNATURE and MAXEON are
trademarks or registered trademarks of SunPower Corporation in the
U.S. and other countries as well. All other logos and trademark s are
the properties of their respective owners.