Congratulations! You’ve taken the steps to shop around and have purchased a state-of-the-art solar energy system from Ion Solar Pros. Here’s what you can expect next for the installation process:
· Site Survey: The first step is a one-hour site survey conducted by the iSP technician. We’ll need to access your home’s garage and attic.
· Permitting and Interior Interconnection: After we’ve completed the site survey, we’ll prepare the necessary documentation for your local permitting authority, as well as preliminary interconnection documents. Once submitted, we’ll stay in contact with your local jurisdiction for status updates, and will notify you when all approvals are confirmed. Depending on your jurisdiction, this process can take 4 to 6 weeks.
· Installation: When all permits are received, we’ll schedule a date for installation. Installation can take a day or two, depending on size, complexity, and weather conditions. We’ll need interior access to your home but if you’re unable to be present, we require someone over age 18 to be on the premises. We’ll also need your acceptance of the installation via text/email once it’s complete.
· Inspections - Building Dept and Utilities: After installation, we’ll arrange for the necessary inspections with your local building department. This is often performed within 1 – 2 weeks after installation. Once the system passes inspection from the building department, we’ll apply for Permission to Operate (PTO) from the utility company. They’ll set up an additional inspection called a Self-Witness Test.
· System Activation: Within 2 -3 weeks, the utility company will swap out your meter and grant your PTO. Once you’re granted the PTO, you’re good to go and your system will be activated. We’ll contact you then to grant access to your system through Enphase Enlighten, walk you through the instructions on how to read your monitoring, and answer any questions you may have.
· Ka-Ching! With your system activated, your savings begins!
Ready to get your solar system installed? Call Ion Solar Pros today at 866-582-0000.